Local Mission Opportunities
Care & Connect (Foster our Community)
Second Thursday of Every Month from 7PM-9PM
a night of support, encouragement & connection for foster, adoptive and kinship moms.
Comfy Cozies is a group that crochets, knits, and sews. Items are then given to many local and global organizations. To get involved contact email@example.com or call 330.494.3419
- February 28 from 6-7:30PM
- March 12 from 10-11:30AM
- March 27 from 6-7:30PM
- April 9 from 10-11:30AM
- April 24 from 6-7:30PM
- May 14 from 10-11:30AM
- May 29 from 6-7:30PM
Local & National
Michael and Teresa Brown
Cru- BGSU, Ohio
Michael and Teresa minister at Bowling Green State University (BGSU) as a part of Cru (the campus ministry whose presence and proclamation connects with thousands of undergraduate and graduate students each year). They are also involved in Regional Foster Care Community, SEARCH Residential Community (spiritual residence hall at BGSU), Vanguard Men’s Organization, their Bowling Green Neighborhood Missional Community, the Campus Multifaith Alliance and BGSU Athletics.
- Please pray for Michael as he continues to travel to fraternities around the nation to help them get on the right path.
- The Browns are looking forward to celebrating the holidays with their family in the coming weeks.
- They thank God for the needed rest during the holiday season.
Christ Led Communities (CLC), Ohio
Mike (from North Canton Chapel), travels to area churches in Ohio to help establish men’s ministries using the CLC material. He equips men to be leaders based on growing relationships with Christ developed through men studying God’s word together.
- For the men at ROH… we might be able to take several of the men from our Tuesday morning study to a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- My Leadership Team and I have begun the groundwork for a March Gathering (similar to our Oct. one) on a Thursday evening…
- My CLC ALL IN group has just completed our 2 years together, please pray for putting my next 2-year group of ALL IN men together. For the men of God’s own choosing… probably a March/April launch date.
- For the collaboration between CLC and Christian Business Men’s Connection, to continue to deepen in the area of maturing men Proverbs 27:17)
Richard and Sandy Lewis/
Lewis Cross Cultural Training, Inc., Arkansas & International
The Lewis’ lived in Kenya for 14 years, working among tribal groups. For the past 25 years, Richard has taken his wealth of pastoral and missions experience to teach and coach missionaries and spiritual leaders in over twenty countries. Although they live in the U.S., Richard is often in Kenya, India, Nepal, and many other parts of the world, teaching nationals to go cross culturally to share God’s word. He teaches sessions for Perspectives and an online course for a Bible College, and has a weekly podcast with interviews of missionaries around the world. He serves as a resource for churches, helping to establish mission focus.
- Safe travels to the Middle East in December
- Pray that the Lord will give a safe area to teach the cross cultural church planters
- Pray that the Lord will use Richard to be an encouragement to the fellow workers who will be working among the most unreached people in this troubled land.
- That the Lord continues to keep him healthy to do the teaching to the church planters.
Undisclosed Country in Northern Africa
Works with an organization within the country to establish relationships with nationals in order to share God’s word. She has a heart and passion for relational ministry to those who have suffered great loss in their lives, such as widows, orphans, refugees, etc., She speaks several languages and seizes every opportunity to share the gospel and disciple new believers.
- The Lord is showing locals the love of Christ through Christiana’s selfless service to others
- The Lord is deepening relationships between Christiana and the local followers
- The Lord allowed Christiana’s adoptive father to live despite heart cath revealing his “widow maker” artery was 95% blocked. Her adoptive mother was able to share the Gospel with the doctor.
- For Christiana’s injured shoulder which is causing her pain and anxiety
- Economic struggles of the people in Topaz
- For Wisdom in daily/weekly decisions with the Language Center
- For Christiana’s relationships with her personal circle of friends to deepen and grow
- For the recording of the New Testament in the local dialect, which has been postponed for several months due to visa issues.
- For protection of the ministry, teams and missionaries as there have been recent arrests and deportations. A missionary has been imprisoned under false charges – pray for the Lord to use his time there to impact others as Paul did when he was imprisoned; pray for quick release.
- For the health of a teacher Marigold and her unborn child.
- For the refugees being smuggled through Sapphire, for protection, for peace in the city, for compassion, for followers of Jesus to be a light.
- For paperwork and steps toward residency permit for Christiana.
- For the December 9th nationwide celebration of Christmas, for protection for the gathering, encouragement for his church and for the light of Christ to continue to spread in that region.
Sid and Stephanie
Undisclosed Country in West Asia
Stephanie (originally from North Canton Chapel) and her husband “Z” (native to the region) have been living and working among the people for six years. They both work in translation for un-written and un-translated dialects and language groups. Their work includes training nationals in oral and written translation of the Word. They use and teach “storying” in a local dialect and context to share with people in a community; these people can then share these stories with others—a form of teaching that reaches far and produces growth. They also work with locals to train and prepare written translation for un-written and un-translated dialects and languages.
- Pray for work, new life adjustments, and rest.
- Praise that the grammar courses finished successfully.
Mark and Gina Schmidt / Educate BV
The Schmidt Family family serves the people of Buena Vista, Guatemala. They host an educational center, Centro Educativo DeepStream, which currently works within the daily routines of the public middle school, a private advanced study program for additional students in BV (grades 1st-12th), preschool program, medical clinic, and other health initiatives. Their vision is to train the future men and women who will lead Buena Vista – spiritually, mentally, and physically. Mark and Gina minister as a family as they work daily in Buena Vista.
- Pray for Gina on her US visit.
- Pray for the 10 students who still need sponsorship.
- Pray for the Christmas Eve offering.
- Praise for their new granddaughter.
New Pines Seminary / Bruce and Carol Bagley
New Pines is a Cuban denomination that is based solidly on God’s Word. The seminary campus in Oliver is used for both training young men and women, denominational meetings, summer camps, and celebrations. The focus of the seminary is to train, disciple, and send leaders and pastors throughout Cuba and as missionaries to other countries. Their goal is to enable the formation and multiplication of reproductive healthy churches that impact society with the gospel.
Bruce and Carol (from North Canton Chapel) serve twice a year from one to three months with New Pines Seminary. They have made home visits to the students and they spend time interacting with them while on campus. Bruce performs work and maintenance projects on campus and Carol teaches ESL classes. In addition, they minister to the youth of a local church and share their testimony in area churches.
- Pray for wisdom for Pachy and the leadership of New Pines to make decisions that put God first.
- Pray for needed provisions for the seminary students and that they would be encouraged in the Lord.
- Pray for a food container (at sea now) to arrive safely and to be distributed fairly along with Gospel message.
Brett / Operation Mobilization
Undisclosed Country in the Middle East
Brett (originally from North Canton Chapel) serves with Operation Mobilization and works with a people group who have been unreached for the last 1400 years. He and his team are very proactive in sharing the good news face-to-face, through discipleship, and through media. He also reaches out to a wider audience online through a media project and podcasts. In addition to sharing his faith with students and leading studies in God’s Word, Brett acts as a team leader for younger men of various nationalities.
- Pray that he has many more opportunities to share Jesus.
- Pray for Brett as one of his fellow workers was called back home because of the turmoil in the country where they are living.
- One of the mature believers in the group has taken a good paying job in another country.
- Pray that God would supply another man to work along side Brett.
- Brett is doing well. He has had opportunities to share Jesus to those who ask him where he is from.
- Thankful to be celebrating Christmas with other believers.
Dave and Anne / ABWE International
Undisclosed Country in the Mediterranean
Dave and Anne are involved in discipleship and church planting through methods including weekly home group meetings with gospel presentations for national believers and those that are not-yet believers; one-on-one discipleship meetings; mentoring new families serving in career overseas work; working alongside congregations to train nationals in leadership (B. study, sermon preparation, and worship leadership) and helping to identify leaders for various roles within those congregations.
- For the out pouring of love and concern for us personally and for our congregation has been incredible.
- Praise for the unity of the Churches at this difficult time.
- Pray for hearts to be open to the gospel during this time amid the turmoil in the country.
- Pray for those who are involved in the conflict from our congregation and in the mother church.
- Pray for the leadership of the congregation.
- Pray for safety.
Makayla Stone/ Students International
Makayla (originally from North Canton Chapel) serves at the El Callejon Social Work location in Jarabacoa with children of all ages teaching Bible lessons and crafts and activities. She also works with young women and meeting their needs.
- For the girls and teens to be reminded of the true reason for the season of Christmas
- For staff at the site as many transitions are happening, to keep their eyes fixed on Christ.
- For a six year old girl who has a very rough background and is not in school; that her mind can grasp basic life skills and knowledge of Christ.
- For the study abroad program that is serving her site.
- For sweet, restful time with family over Christmas time
- For Makayla and Daniel in the coming year as Makayla is finishing her time in the Dominican Republic in the middle of March 2024. For guidance and wisdom.
- That Makayla has recovered from dengue fever!
- For the prayer and support of the Mission Board.
Nate and Rachael Stone / Love Restored
The Stones (originally from North Canton Chapel) created an organization named Love Restored which endeavors to create a bilingual rescue center for women caught in the sex trade. Their prayer is to build relationships with these women that display the gospel of Jesus Christ in everyday life. They seek to take an active role in their development as independent, self-supporting, Christ-following adults resulting in a Gospel movement throughout the Dominican Republic.
- The Stone family will be in the U.S. from December 15 to January 15. Pray for a wonderful time with family, friends, and ministry partners.
- Pray for summer ministry teams from NCC to be forming soon.
- Pray for the two young ladies that will be entering the program. Watch the Stones’ Facebook page because they will be making a post about this very soon.
- The fundraising effort for the church/community center is 75% complete. Pray about being part of getting them to the finish line.
- Nate & Rachael report that another local public school has heard about what they’re doing there in La Joya and is eager to partner with them too. Preventative education is expanding.
- Relief efforts continue. Over 75 families have utilized the pantry and/or the monthly medical clinic this year.
- Iglesia Cristiana Emmanuel is growing and people are hearing the gospel in their heart language.
- The Stones have a new partnership that’s committed to supporting the salary of a new Life Coach for the residential program. This enables them to make their first invitations into the safe houses!
Tim and Fern Talley / Gospel Seed Network
Tim Talley, originally from North Canton Chapel, has the goal to move people in Southeast Asia towards maturity in Christ, seeing the expanse of His name, and helping kingdom minded men and women respond to the dreams and visions God is calling them towards.
Gospel Seed Network has partners which include churches, orphanages and government schools, and helps meet tangible needs of the people in multiple communities in Southeast Asia. They have a Bible Institute, English class, life skills class, music class, offer scholarships to underprivileged children who are at risk of being trafficked, plant organic churches, and coach people to become leaders within their families/communities so they can begin and continue the mission of God among their own people.
- For the Christmas celebration at the refugee school
- Tim has one final village to visit for a Christmas celebration.
- Fern’s mom is in the hospital so be praying for her.
- For the one who came to faith.
- For the three villages where Tim celebrated Christmas with testimonies, praying for healing and blessing the people with essentials.
- For blessing a refugee school with shoes and uniforms.
Micah and Emily Griffith- ABWE
Micah, Emily and their four children, Silas, Eden, Olive and Amos are our newest mission partners.
Micah has been a young adult pastor in Virginia for the past seven years.
He and Emily have felt called to be serving Jesus in the country of Poland. They will be church planting through evangelism, discipleship, and national partners.
The Pregnancy and Parenting Center
In January, 2022, The Pregnancy & Parenting Center, formerly Pregnancy Choices, adopted a new name to more accurately describe the services taking place at our 22nd Street location. Here, moms and dads receive support, supplies and parenting education. TPAPC is a proud member of the Pregnancy Support Network consisting of The Pregnancy & Parenting Center, Akron Pregnancy Services, Eva Women’s Clinic—Canton and Akron, and Hope and Healing.
RAHAB is God’s continuing story of setting people free physically and spiritually. With an 18-year history of providing cutting-edge trauma informed services to survivors of and those vulnerable to human sex-trafficking, RAHAB Ministries is dedicated to offering hope and healing for broken and exploited women and children and filling gaps in service for the most vulnerable.
Their adult Drop-In Centers, intentionally right in the middle of the drug activity and street level trafficking in Akron and Canton, provide space that offers respite from factors that enslave. Women stop in for family-style meals, Bible Studies, encouragement and friendship. They shop the free clothes closet and receive donated hygiene items.
- Praise God for the 20 years this ministry has been providing hope and healing to trafficking survivors of all ages.
- Pray that through the Minor Mentoring Program, young survivors would experience healthy relationships that would lead to healing and transformation through knowing about Jesus.
- Pray for the upcoming informational meeting about “The Willows” community-based minor program. Pray that people would be inspired to participate and get involved in the fostering, respite care, and mentoring this program provides
Refuge of Hope Canton
Refuge of Hope is a faith-based, non-profit, Christian rescue mission providing safe, sober, emergency transitional shelter for men and hot, nutritious meals for hungry men, women, and children in Stark County. Homeless men receive hot showers, clothing and access to counseling in a safe and clean dormitory-style shelter.
- Praise God for Gemini Bicycle Center spearheading a Bike Ministry for the community at Refuge of Hope and beyond.
- Praise God for the Bike Ministry Shed located next to the Community Care Center. Thankful for the volunteers who set a big wooden cross at the Bike Ministry.
- Praise God for the volunteers who provide Biblical devotions at the start of the meal ministry.
- Please pray for all our residents as they seek to overcome the issues that caused them to become homeless.
- Please pray for Refuge of Hope as we head into the winter months feeding, clothing, and sheltering everyone needing assistance.
Hammer and Nails
Hammer & Nails grew out of a temporary ministry in North Industry Christian Church partnered with Group WorkCamps to host a week-long camp in both 1995 and 1998. The purpose of the camps was to assist disadvantaged Stark Count homeowners with home and property repairs and maintenance. As a result of these camps, over 400 youth nationwide assisted over 100 homeowners.
The success of the work-camps, along with encouragement from the community, led to the creation of Hammer & Nails, Inc. as an independent 501(c)3 organization. To date, over 1700 homeowners in Stark County have been helped, but the need for assistance is still great.
- Homeless of Canton.
- Safety for the widows.
- Materials for projects. (3 exterior doors)
- Submission to God will.
- That He becomes even greater and we smaller.
Rooted invests in the overall long-term health of families in the Historic South End of Kent, Ohio, by serving as a community resource center where families and individuals regularly come together to learn, grow, and connect. Rooted helps facilitate and provide a wide range of programs that promote youth development through mentorship and skill-building; provide comprehensive and compassionate support for seniors addressing physical, emotional and spiritual needs; and act as a connection point for families to support and care for one another including academic support, employment and job training, health and wellness activities, and cultural events. Rooted does this work in the name of Jesus, who modeled a life of love, compassion, and service.
Eagle Fuel is a local outreach that was birthed from NCC’s desire to serve and care for students in the Plain Local School district who do not always have food or meals readily available. In partnership with Plain Local Schools, each month during the school year, NCC provides 788 meals for 394 students, all which are sorted and packed by volunteers at NCC.
Contact Kelly Odegard for more info at: Eaglefuel@ncchapel.com
After eight years of ongoing conflict, tension continues to mount on the border between Ukraine and Russia. Imminent conflict between the two countries could spark a catastrophic humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, causing millions to be displaced from their homes.
Send Relief, a cooperative ministry between the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board, is working with local Baptist partners in Ukraine to care for displaced families in desperate need of help and hope.
You can help! There is extraordinary power in prayer. Here are ten ways you can pray for the Ukraine crisis:
The Ukraine Crisis fund provides resources to Ukrainians, missionaries, and partners serving Ukrainian communities in a time of upheaval and unrest, compassionately sharing the gospel with hurting people.
Right now, the team is serving among Ukrainian refugees to meet physical needs and share Christ. Help us respond to this urgent situation with the gospel of Jesus Christ.